‘Digital Marketing on a Dime’: BSLC Presents at LeadingAge
The LeadingAge Annual Meeting & Expo is coming up Oct. 29 to Nov. 1. This is America’s largest annual event for not-for-profit organizations in the senior services field, offering a wealth of educational sessions and professional development opportunities.
Bethesda Senior Living Communities is pleased to present a panel called “Digital Marketing on a Dime.” Angela Green Urbaczewski, our Vice President of Sales & Marketing, as well as representatives from Five19 Creative, our marketing services partner, will be discussing strategies for operating efficiently but effectively.
Among other things, attendees will:
- Hear how our organization has used digital, social media and search engine marketing to drive occupancy on a tight budget
- Examine ways to use continual results measurements to track consumer behavior and improve lead capture
- Learn to empower “non-marketing” team members to make data-driven decisions to keep the cost-per-lead and cost-per-move-in low
The Power of Efficient Marketing
Bethesda Senior Living Communities is a faith-based nonprofit, and our primary mission is to serve seniors in our communities. To do this most effectively, we strive to keep a low overhead so we can re-invest our profits back in service of our residents, offering new amenities, events and upgrades.
Every dollar we spend on marketing is a dollar we are not spending elsewhere. That said, marketing is critical for our operation. Apartments won’t fill themselves, so like every organization, we must find ways of getting the word out about what we offer and what sets us apart. The trick is to do that efficiently so that our marketing is lean and effective.
We’ve had great success in focusing our efforts in the digital space to drive traffic to our websites and establish ourselves as a warm and caring faith-based organization offering a great value to seniors and their loved ones in the six states where we operate. A few principles we leverage—and recommend to others—include:
- Build your brand. A brand is more than a logo or a set of messages. It’s a definition of who you are as an organization. The faster you understand your brand positioning, the sooner you will be communicating the right messages to the right audiences.
- Get specific about audience. Focus your marketing efforts on a few key audiences to get the most bang for your buck. If 90% of your customers come from one audience, don’t waste money chasing after the 10% until you’ve tackled the large group first.
- Test & Learn. We live in an age of data, so gathering insights, tracking results and continually refining your approach sets you up for long-term success.
To learn more about digital marketing on a dime, be sure to check out LeadingAge for details on their annual meeting and expo.
Posted on Tue, October 10, 2017
by Margaux Sprinkel