Thanksgiving is upon us, and at Bethesda Senior Living Communities we always welcome the chance to express thanks. We believe a state of gratitude goes hand in hand with our mission of selfless service. As we pause to reflect on this year, here are the top 10 things we are thankful for:
1. Our Residents: Serving our residents is our reason for being. Caring for our residents (and their families) warms our hearts, and we are grateful to have so many wonderful people in our lives.
2. Our Team: What makes our communities unique is the dedication of our teams, the expertise they share and the care they provide. Without our friendly and knowledgeable team we wouldn’t be able to care for our residents.
3. Our Communities: Beyond our senior living communities themselves, we are grateful for the support of the greater communities that we serve across the United States. From Phoenix to Omaha and Grand Junction to Fort Worth, to our newest home in Monument, Colorado, our home communities support us—and we strive to support them in turn.
4. Our Faith: To us, “faith” is about more than religion—it is a way of life. Faith sustains us, and it drives the care we provide every day for our residents and their families.
5. Family: “Family” has a number of meanings. We’re thankful for our own families, for our residents’ families, for our work families, and for the families we create within our communities. Whatever family means to you, it’s worth celebrating this year.
6. Food: Thanksgiving is about the food—and that’s because the social life around meals is one of the things that connects us as human beings. At Bethesda, we’re thankful for good food, and try to bring top-notch dining experiences to all of our residents all year long.
7. Friendship: Like food and family, friendship is an important part of what makes us human. As specialists in retirement living, we have seen first-hand the power of strong friendships, and we strive to foster friendships among our residents by providing a full calendar of social events where they can mix and mingle and live life to the fullest.
8. Fun: We’re blessed that our work in the senior care industry is fun for us. From meeting new people across all walks of life to getting to know our residents personally, we’re thankful that we are able to have fun on every shift.
9. Our Supporters: As a nonprofit organization, Bethesda relies on grants and donations to offer the highest caliber services for our residents. What’s more, donations allow our parent organization to invest in the communities where we operate and in One Child Matters, which fulfills our organization’s worldwide mission.
10. Wisdom: Life is about experience, and because we work with seniors, all of us at Bethesda have gained so much wisdom from the most experienced members of our society. We’re grateful that we’re always able to learn something new every day.
Posted on Tue, November 22, 2016
by Becca H